Winter, Are You Coming?

December 27, 2016

Hi, friends. Last month, the weather was getting a little nippy. Now that we’re supposed to be in the thick of winter, there is not a breeze in sight. Don’t let the beautiful dead trees behind me fool you, I am perspiring in this coat in the suburbs of Atlanta at the tail end of December. Global warming… I see you. We could of course cut greenhouse gas emissions by 70% if the world went vegan tomorrow (and probably the other 30% if the Electoral College wasn’t a real thing in the 21st century), but I digress.

On the bright side, 2017 is around the corner (thank you, new year gods). I will admit: extremely disappointing election results and elevated bloodshed and conflict around the world aside… 2016 wasn’t a bad year on a personal level. I got to be a student again for a few months at the Defense Information School (Go Army), travel to breathtaking Croatia to see a dear friend marry the love of her life, open up parts of myself I didn’t know I had in acting class and perform in my first showcase, witness my sister chuck her day job and move to NYC to become a plant-based bad ass at NGI, and altogether enjoy more peacefulness and joy in my everyday life through the practice of gratitude and living in the moment.

There is always more to work on, and in my case, that often equals seeing through logistical, routine item to-do lists that are fun to make but easy to misplace 5 minutes later (thanks, ENFP brain). In the spirit of holding myself accountable, here are a handful of things I’m going to conquer in 2017:

– Launch my t-shirt business 😉 (Feb)
– Get yoga teacher certified (Apr – Jul)
– Keep acting and dancing cause it’s FUN
– Keep a book in the purse at all times
– Spend more time in nature

I think… that’s it, guys. I should be able to handle this. Of course, I’ll continue advocating for animals every chance I get, starting with my wardrobe. Currently wearing a little too often: this drapey tencel coat from Reformation (Christmas gift to myself), vegan leather/poly Kate Spade pack, and patented vegan leather booties from ASOS. Here’s to winter coming and staying long enough to frolick around in this coziness.

Happy new year, friends. I wish you all the deepest love and mindfulness in the new year. Til next time, xo

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  • Reply Joan December 28, 2016 at 3:39 pm

    I always enjoy reading your posts! You are a stunner and this look is killer on you.

    P.S. Can’t wait for your t-shirt line.

    • Reply Christina Sewell December 29, 2016 at 8:45 am

      Thanks so much, love, and ditto — knowing you’re here caring as much as you do about similar issues makes my heart pumpy.

      ALSO, I can’t wait to send you some. Yay! <3 xo

  • Reply Jin December 28, 2016 at 6:24 pm

    2017 is going to be your year! I can feel it! I can’t wait to wear the t-shirts you create and surf in them. It’ll make all the surfers here want to purchase them. 😉 hehee I love you poopoo. So proud of you, everyday.

    • Reply Christina Sewell December 29, 2016 at 8:46 am

      You’re my best! Thank you for your support, my little angelic surfer bad ass globetrotting independent woman. You’re the sh*t and I love you so.

  • Reply Linhypoo December 29, 2016 at 9:27 am

    This is my favorite blog post ever and oh you know I do read everything you write with that amazing, relatable style of yours. I love you so much, 2017 is going to be the bomb!

    • Reply Christina Sewell December 29, 2016 at 12:02 pm

      Aw darling, thank you for reading – makes me v happy to have your eyes + heart. Love you so much. Welcome, welcome 2017!

  • Reply Hannah q December 29, 2016 at 9:19 pm

    Wooohooo to 2016!! Can’t wait to see what you do for 2017. You are going to rock this new year no doubt. And also, how can somebody covered in head to toe w clothing look so effing hot?! Only you boo, only you.

    • Reply Christina Sewell December 29, 2016 at 10:54 pm

      🙂 You’re my love. And too kind. Thank you bebe, I can’t wait to see all your photography adventures in 2017! *high five* Life is good. <3

    Leave a Reply